Gluten Free Breakfast Porridge
Tired of the same old breakfast? Try quinoa. It's not just for dinner. This recipe just might change the way you look at your morning meal. Move over oatmeal, there's a new kid in town!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1⁄2 cup cooked quinoa (follow package directions ~ cooks in 10-15 minutes)
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons flax meal
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- Stevia, to taste
- To save time, cook quinoa the night before using package directions or instructions below:
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear, drain and transfer to a medium pot. Add water and salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside off the heat for 5 minutes; uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Combine all ingredients and serve warm.