Final Summer Fling Quinoa
I discovered this recipe at a Labor Day Weekend cookout. Amongst the chips, dips, hot dogs, burgers, pickles and baked beans, was a bowl filled with quinoa. It was like finding an oasis in the desert. I filled my plate not once, but twice. And then I tracked down the creator. Thank you Amanda Lopez for creating this amazing recipe. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups water
- ½ shallot sliced into thin slivers
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil julienned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa for 15-20 minutes (until water is absorbed). Spoon into a bowl while hot and fold in red wine vinegar and olive oil. Allow to cool for 10 minutes (or completely) and fold in remaining ingredients. Chill and if possible, allow to set for a couple hours before serving. Enjoy!