Homemade Almond Milk
If you read the ingredients on a carton of almond milk these days the list is fairly long. We decided to mix up a batch of homemade almond milk and compare it to Whole Food's Organic 365 brand. I have to say, it was delicious. And the best part is I knew exactly what was in it!
Recipe type: All Purpose
- 1 cup raw almonds (soak for 1-12 hours)
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon raw agave nectar or pure maple syrup (optional)
- Strain soaked almonds and then add to blender (we used a Vitamix) with remaining ingredients. Start on low and gradually increase to high. Blend for 2 minutes on high.
- Strain through a cheese cloth if you'd like to remove the fiber. We didn't strain it and it was very good in our daily shake. Enjoy!