With the holiday hustle and bustle starting, these are good tips to keep in mind:
If you’re experiencing low energy more and more and think it’s just another sign of aging – think again. You may be suffering from adrenal fatigue. Feeling fatigued all the time is not part of the natural aging process. As long as you have no major health issues, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be living an energized, vibrant life. Small steps can help get you back on track:
1) Sleep – 8 to 10 hours a night (more than that on a regular basis may indicate another problem).
2) Exercise – studies have shown that people with a sedentary lifestyle have increased energy when they start an exercise program
3) Eat well and often – a diet rich in whole foods, healthy grains and appropriate amounts of protein increase energy. Avoid over caffeinating yourself. Also, don’t skip meals. Hunger puts a strain on the adrenals.
4) De-stress – massage, yoga, meditation and even sipping a cup of tea in a quiet setting can recharge your batteries.
5) Re-evaluate – find some time for play and get rid of the things in your life that drain you.