Healthy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
This healthy treat is a big hit at parties. Kids love 'em and parents can rest easy knowing they're getting a healthy (and decadent) snack!
Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 Tbsp. organic extra virgin coconut oil or cacao butter (use refined coconut oil if you don't want the strawberries to taste like coconut)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 6 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 - 32 oz. containers fresh strawberries
- Melt coconut oil over low heat. Whisk in cocoa powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Remove from heat. Dip strawberries and let dry on wax or parchment paper. Enjoy!
- Notes: do not overheat or the mixture will be too thick for dipping; use cocoa powder if serving children as cacao is naturally caffeinated and may cause hyperactivity in the little munchkins : )