Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Whether you're gluten free for health reasons or you just want to get rid of the extra weight around your middle that's due to bread and pastry, this recipe is for you! It's so yummy you won't even know it's gluten free. And your kids will love it! Pumpkin adds extra fiber to your diet and is naturally sweet. There's no processed sugar so it's one of the healthiest sweet treats you can eat all year round.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups gluten free flour (I highly recommend Namaste brand)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Himalayan for sea salt
- ¾ unsweetened pumpkin (canned or box)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ generous cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (60% or higher recommended - we use Ghiardelli)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add chocolate chips (optional).
- Using two large spoons or an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).