Dairy Free Sweet Potato Apple Bisque
If you love Fall fruit and vegetables, this soup is going to be your new favorite! The sweet potato and onion give it a grounding effect which is just what's needed at this transitional time of year. (adapted from Real Simple)
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbs. olive or avocado oil
- 1 very large sweet potato (or 2 medium), peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 green apples, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 16 ounces vegetable broth
- 12 ounces water
- ½ tsp. nutmeg (use more or less to suit your taste; can be substituted with cinnamon)
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add onion, salt and pepper. Saute 6-8 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer covered until sweet potatoes and apples are soft; about 15-20 minutes.
- Blend in a high speed blender like a Vitamix. If you don't have a blender that vents, allow to cool and blend in small batches.